15.10.12

Only Lyon



Sweater/Etoile Isabel Marant // Jeans/JBrand // Coat/Etoile Isabel Marant // Bag/Zadig & Voltaire // Boots/Fiorentini & Baker // Belt/Etoile Isabel Marant // Earrings/Sandro

Just got back from Lyon. It took me a while to get the feel of this city (maybe because I was locked up in meeting rooms most of the time) but it has a certain charm. First of all the Lyonnaise people are some of the nicest and most helpful people in Europe! When I spoke in my cassé French everyone was very patient and happy that I did try :) The city is partly set on a hill which is really pretty and the view from up there is fantastic. The park is peaceful and neat and it contains a zoo as well as a botanical garden. The food - Oh my Lord! If you want good food, go to Lyon! You get the typical Lyonnaise food at the Bouchon's and then you have all kinds of restaurants in all the neighborhoods that just serve genuinely good food. Nothing fancy just really tasty. I went to Le Bouchon de L'Opera and can recommend everything I ate :) The restaurant interior can not be described to do it justice but it is really cozy, French and over the top :) The waiter turned out to be the chef as well and better service is hard to find!  Be sure to taste the salade Lyonnaise and the saint Marcellin cheese if you go there.  Another restau I can recommend is the Cuisine & dependence. A small restaurant with delicate food. It is also very nice to walk around the old town in the evening - It is full of life and restaurants where you can sit outside have a meal and do some people watching. Now to the wine. Drinking red wine without getting purple teeth or drunk right away is refreshing - and if you are as lucky as I was you can taste as many beaujolais crus as you wish :) (yes I passed by a wine tasting). The Lyon fashion is all about black, biker boots and leather. You can get a great selection of Isabel Marant, Sandro, Maje, The Kooples and all the other French labels and if you don't have much time you should hurry to Printemps' first floor :) My pharmacy purchases this time included: Klorane dry shampoo, Embryolisse moisturizer, Bioderma cleanser (both good for dry/sensitive skin) and two devine vanilla fragrances :) I would love to go to Lyon again on December 8th when they celebrate Fête des lumières - I imagine it to be magical.
Xx Eva

No comments :

Post a Comment