On a good day this is what goes on may face.... and it's just the beginning. We're still missing blush, bronzer, eye pencil, mascara, brow gel and what have you... No wonder I always feel like I need to catch an early flight when I wake up in the morning. Putting on a decent face takes time and in my case it's something that comes with age(ing). Gone are the days of the blue Nivea cream that lasted a whole year.
1. Embryolisse creamand lip gloss. I am not very faithful when it comes to moisturizers but I tend to rotate. Embryolisse is a good and inexpensive one and I really like this travel size with the lip gloss attached to it.
2. This eye cream is a splurge! I probably won't be buying it again even though I love it. The price-tag is just too much.
3. Sensai foundation. I just got this and I quite like it. It doesn't leave my (completeley dry) skin matte (it acts as a moisturizer) and it has SPF.
4. Mac strobe cream. Well now I'm realizing that the products are not in the correct order in the picture ;) This one comes on last. Just a little dab on the cheek-bones, and it gives a nice dewy glow.
5. This should have come before the foundation... as it says..Step 1. Right on top of the moisturizer. This thin green fluidprimer is meant to even out red and it might just be doing the job. I've only used it for about two weeks so I'm still deciding if it's a keeper.
6. This is my all time favorite product. It is a heavy thick concealerthat goes underneath the nostrils and on other red areas. I've got it in both 8 and 10 and both are good on me.
7. I should have started using this brusha looong time ago under my eyes to conceal dark circles. I have the lightest shade and it works, even though I thought it would be much too light.
It's been a while since we saw some new SATC material, so we can only imagine what Carrie would be wearing right now. If anyone reminds me of Carrie it's Brazilian blogger Martha Graeff. All her outfits look like they have been impeccably styled by Patrica Field!
Julia's style is ultra feminine and sexy - without being too flashy or glamorous. I'ts more sensual and pretty kind of sexy. She wears a lot of skirts and dresses, but she really mixes things up with color, print and texture. The mother of one, entrepreneur and daughter of the style icon, Carine Roitfeld, Julia obviously has good style in her dna.
I'm getting married! Just kidding. I really don't like brides dresses but these three dresses above would be suitable for such an occasion. You can dance in them and more importantly, eat in them! The top one is from Celine's pre-fall collection.
I haven't done my eyebrows in years other than just plucking out a stray hair here and there. Now that I´m getting older (or maybe it's just fashion) I think it is time for a chance. As we know well shaped eyebrows can make dramatic difference in your appearance because they in fact frame your face. According to the Eyebrow Queen Anastasia there are a few rules to followso I will. Here you can see her do Oprah's eyebrows
My house is a mess today (as you can see here on instagram). We are switching rooms, my 23 years old are moving back home. We had a spare room that used be our bedroom but for the past two years it has turn into storage. Now my living room is packed with boxes and... So here are some images of inspiring bedrooms to get me in the mood for some bedroom decoration:-)
Want to know what Anna Wintour editor of American Vogue is wearing today? She is wearing a knee length, short sleeved, round-neck, printed dress (Prada), nude sling-back pumps (Manolo's), a crystal necklace, big black sunglasses and sitting on her head is the perfect blown out bob. Want to know what she'll be wearing tomorrow? Same thing. We are not talking about having a certain kind of style like let's say Kate Moss or Laura Bailey. We are talking exactly the same outfit every day. So why the sartorial lethargy? This woman sits front row at every fashion show, is friends with all the biggest designers alive and thus has access to every piece of garment you could ever only dream off. She works in fashion for crying out loud...which is supposed to be creative and constantly changing. My guess. She is a workaholic, holds a powerful job with a huge responsibility, she is structured and knows what feels comfortable yet presentable and knows what suits her body type. This is almost no different from the suit and tie combo every business man wears every single day. Just the feminine version. So what she really is, is first and foremost, a businesswoman. Want to know what she never wears (aside from an all black outfit)? A bag. Why? Probably because there is no time for clutter. So even though my man repelling self might think that Anna Wintour has the worst style and most out-dated and boring outfit(s) known to mankind. She still holds the most powerful position in fashion. Respect.