When I find the perfect grey/melange slightly oversize blazer, my wardrobe will be complete. Sort of. This is a staple in the wardrobe of les femmes françaises and Isabel Marant is typically the master of the creation. I'm on a hunt for an affordable version and will report back when I find it.
One of my all time favorite blogs is Sidsel Alling's blog Fashionpolish. I've been following (stalking) her for a while and she always inspires me with her simple but on point ensembles. What I love about her outfit posts is that she is very unpretentious, laid-back and consistent in her choices. You don't see her standing in a doll like pose with a pout, waving the latest designer it-bag. Black, grey and navy are her go to colors and she wears sneakers most of the time, like many of her fellow Danish fashion bloggers (I'm digging the determined practical style of the forever bicycling Danes). Her style can be described as minimalist and hardcore normal at its very best :)
I'm not really good at being in the moment, meditating or reminding myself of the things I can and should be thankful for. I want to be better at that. So here are some "things", activities, connections, details, situations and emotions in life that I love.
The ocean. It calms me somehow. Even when it‘s cold and dark
and the waves are ruffled by the wind. I live near the North Atlantic and I love that I can see a
tiny bit of it from my living room window.
The smell of newly cut grass. It smells so much of spring
Hysterical laughing outbursts. Earlier this summer my friend
and I had to catch a flight and we were so late. We were in France and had to take a train to the airport.
We were standing on this train station platform and I just jumped
nervously into the nearest train, my friend followed and the doors closed. She
looked at me with the most terrifying expression and asked me if I was sure
that this was the right train. I told her I was absolutely sure that this was
the wrong train and we both burst into hysterical laughter and couldn't stop. We
had no idea where we were going but luckily we didn't miss our flight.
Christmas songs on the radio. The radio stations in Iceland
start playing Christmas songs in November! A little early maybe but I love
listening to these nostalgic songs, especially when I‘m driving to work in the
Private humor. I love when my daughter sends me messages,
quotes or pictures that only she and I can understand. It makes me feel like we
are this little gang, partners in crime that have this language that nobody
A really, really good book. I remember one time when one of my
friends recommended this book to me and I just couldn't put it down. I even read
it while I was cooking and it made me forget everything else and I somehow
became a part of the story.
Red wine and a good conversation! I love going out with my best friends, to our favorite restaurant and just talk about nothing special and when we get
a little tipsy we always get these totally „brilliant“ business ideas that we get so psyched about and then end up laughing about them the next day!
Pajamas, a good movie and a nap. I never get a better rest
as when I‘m curled up on the couch in my pajamas and a good movie is playing. Preferably
on a Sunday in the middle of the day.
Grandparents. I had the best grandma in the world and I love
that my daughter has the best grandparents that she adores.
New York. I remember the first time I went there I was so in
awe of the city that I didn't really enjoy it. I've been about ten times since and I love that city, even when it‘s January and freezing cold.
On a good day this is what goes on may face.... and it's just the beginning. We're still missing blush, bronzer, eye pencil, mascara, brow gel and what have you... No wonder I always feel like I need to catch an early flight when I wake up in the morning. Putting on a decent face takes time and in my case it's something that comes with age(ing). Gone are the days of the blue Nivea cream that lasted a whole year.
1. Embryolisse creamand lip gloss. I am not very faithful when it comes to moisturizers but I tend to rotate. Embryolisse is a good and inexpensive one and I really like this travel size with the lip gloss attached to it.
2. This eye cream is a splurge! I probably won't be buying it again even though I love it. The price-tag is just too much.
3. Sensai foundation. I just got this and I quite like it. It doesn't leave my (completeley dry) skin matte (it acts as a moisturizer) and it has SPF.
4. Mac strobe cream. Well now I'm realizing that the products are not in the correct order in the picture ;) This one comes on last. Just a little dab on the cheek-bones, and it gives a nice dewy glow.
5. This should have come before the foundation... as it says..Step 1. Right on top of the moisturizer. This thin green fluidprimer is meant to even out red and it might just be doing the job. I've only used it for about two weeks so I'm still deciding if it's a keeper.
6. This is my all time favorite product. It is a heavy thick concealerthat goes underneath the nostrils and on other red areas. I've got it in both 8 and 10 and both are good on me.
7. I should have started using this brusha looong time ago under my eyes to conceal dark circles. I have the lightest shade and it works, even though I thought it would be much too light.
It's been a while since we saw some new SATC material, so we can only imagine what Carrie would be wearing right now. If anyone reminds me of Carrie it's Brazilian blogger Martha Graeff. All her outfits look like they have been impeccably styled by Patrica Field!
Julia's style is ultra feminine and sexy - without being too flashy or glamorous. I'ts more sensual and pretty kind of sexy. She wears a lot of skirts and dresses, but she really mixes things up with color, print and texture. The mother of one, entrepreneur and daughter of the style icon, Carine Roitfeld, Julia obviously has good style in her dna.
I'm getting married! Just kidding. I really don't like brides dresses but these three dresses above would be suitable for such an occasion. You can dance in them and more importantly, eat in them! The top one is from Celine's pre-fall collection.