8.9.12

Her lovely bones

Silver and gold
Johanna at her Brooklyn home 
 From the 2009 look book shot by Elísabet Davíðs
Johanna's home
 My own private Kria collection of three and counting...
 
 Johanna with her husband and their youngest daughter
 
I'm a huge fan of Kria (Icelandic for the birdie arctic tern) jewelry made by Johanna Methusalemsdottir an Icelandic jewelry designer living in Brooklyn NY. I have adored her lovely bones since 2009 and plan on adding to my collection soon - I'll probably get another necklace from the 2009 collection or a brass/cod bracelet. What I really like about her pieces is that they are kind of crude yet very delicate. I've met Johanna a couple of times and she's very energetic and funny. You can read an interview with her here and check out the Kria website here. The stunning model in the 2012 look book is Johanna's eldest daughter.
Xx Eva

Images from top: blog.loveadorned.com, freundevonfreunden, kriajewelry.com, freundevonfreunden, freundevonfreunden, DUSTY, craftandculture.com

No comments :

Post a Comment