6.6.13

Evaristti artisti

'The day I became a woman'
From an exhibit inspired be Edgar Allan Poe
The lovely living room (bronzed blender on the floor)
Bronzed blender in a private home  (in memoriam of the gold fish holy mess)

I was getting my roots touched up today and picked up the Danish interior design magazine Bo Bedre while at it. I browsed through the magazine but stopped at a page where an image of a man caught my eye. I liked the expression on his face, the chair he was sitting in and the glimpse of his living room. I liked his little owl collection and the fact that this man is a Chilean born architect/artist living in Copenhagen. (I have had a longtime obsession with South-America, where I have never been, but have spent enough time in Denmark for a lifetime). I might even say that I was intrigued. Believe me, the cute little owl collection was a pretense. This man makes such provocative art that I was scared to look. One exhibition contained an installation where gold fish had been put in a blender and it was up to the guests to press the button. Of course someone did and all hell broke loose. Well that's just the tip of the iceberg. The rest of his dark universe I don't understand...Call me close minded ;)

Ég fór að láta lita rótina í dag og náði mér í eintak af Bo bedre til að líta í á meðan. Ég fletti blaðinu og staðnæmdist við mynd af manni sem höfðaði á einhvern hátt til mín. Hann sat í stól sem mér fannst flottur í flottri stofu. Litla uglusafnið hans og sú staðreynd að þessi síleski arkitekt/listamaður býr í Danmörku gerði mig forvitna. (Ég hef haft einskæran áhuga á Suður-ameríku í langan tíma en hef aldrei komið þangað - Ég hef hinsvegar dvalist nóg í Danmörku). Já eitthvað við þennan mann heillaði mig. En litla sæta uglusafnið reyndist blekking. Það gaf ekki góða mynd af þessum ögrandi listamanni sem sýndi eitt sinn nokkra Moulinex blandara með lifandi gullfiskum í og það var undir gestunum komið að ýta á takkann... eða sleppa því. Að sjálfsögðu var einhver sem ekki gat hamið sig og allt varð vitlaust. En þetta var nú bara toppurinn á ísjakanum. Megnið af því sem þessi maður fæst við er eitthvað sem ég skil engan veginn. Þröngsýn...? Held ekki ;)

Xx Eva

Images: evaristti.com, kopenhagen.dk, multivu.com, bobedre.dk

No comments :

Post a Comment